Over half of all bookings on Booking.com are made on mobile devices. You can tap into this valuable and expanding traveler segment by activating a mobile rate at your property. All you have to do is offer an exclusive discount of 10% or higher for mobile users. Once you do this, a special badge will appear next to your property in search results and on your property page. This helps increase your visibility and can improve your conversion rate for mobile bookers.
- 80% of travelers use a mobile app when researching a trip
- 50% of accommodation searches and bookings are made on mobile
- Mobile rates give partners 28% more bookings from mobile traffic
How does your business benefit from a mobile rate?
- Attract more bookings – offering a mobile rate drives more potential guests to your property page.
- Standing out in searches – a special badge will appear next to your property in search results and on your property page.
- Better price, better reviews, better ranking – two-thirds of mobile bookings are made by millennials who write more reviews than any other traveler segment. Attracting these bookers can positively impact your overall ranking on Booking.com.
Maximize app and mobile web users
When you offer a mobile rate, you can choose to target only iOS/Android app users, but you also have the option to include bookers using mobile browsers on their phones instead of the app. By offering both, you’ll reach a much larger audience:
- A bigger target: Making your offer visible to Chrome, Safari, and other mobile browsers can help you reach 30% more users
- Brand-new bookers: First-time bookers use mobile browsers to book 7 times more often than those who choose to download the app
- Repeat bookers: Repeat bookers gravitate to the convenience of booking within the downloadable app
By giving app and mobile users the option to see your mobile rates, you’ll reach new customers looking for their first great deal, as well as loyal bookers who come back time and time again. If you change your mind later, you can change this option anytime.
How mobile rates work
- Mobile rates are only visible to guests on mobile devices
- A minimum 10% discount is recommended
- Mobile rates apply to all your rooms and rate plans. The discount combines with discounts for the Genius program, as well as any other promotions you set up. However, it doesn’t add on to Country rates or Deal of the Day.
- You can set up 30 black-out days per calendar year.
Increase bookings by targeting guests from specific regions
Global travel is on the rise, and more international guests means more opportunities for your property. Whether you want to tap into new markets, attract guests from specific countries, or secure more revenue, we’ve got the answer – country rates.
Country rates are targeted discounts that you can offer to guests from your markets of choice. They can help you fill available rooms – even during low season – since peak travel times vary across markets. Additionally, they allow you to tap into completely new markets.
Country rates aren’t available in certain countries due to legal or commercial restrictions.
Not sure which countries to target?
You’ll find personalized country rate recommendations on the Extranet.
They’re based on data tailored to your property and can help you select the regions you could target to increase your revenue.
What are the advantages of offering country rates?
- Secure revenue by targeting international travelers – Guests traveling internationally tend to book earlier and cancel less.
- Get more bookings with country-specific rates – Fill your available rooms by offering discounts during holiday periods and for events in specific markets.
- Boost your visibility on our site – Offering competitive rates in high-demand countries gives your property a better ranking in our search results.
How are country rates set up?
- Which guests do I target with country rates?
Country rates are only visible to guests using Booking.com from an IP address that matches the country you’re targeting. They apply all year, but you can choose up to 30 days per calendar year when the discount doesn’t apply.
- Need help deciding on what rates to offer?
We recommend a minimum discount of 10%, but you can adjust this based on your preference.
- Do country rates apply to all my rooms and rate plans?
Yes, country rates apply to all your rooms and rate plans. The discount adds onto existing discounts from the Genius program (if you’re a Genius partner), as well as any other promotions you’ve set up. However, country rates don’t apply to mobile rates or the Deal of the Day promotion.
For more information check here